So I’m looking to write about young male players ranging in age from teenagers to 27, whom we shall call: “The Young Lions of Fastpitch.”
All I need to put these stories together is for a few questions to be answered by email.
Here we go. Who wants to be first up to bat?
1. Your current age? Age you started playing fastpitch?
2. How did you get started in fastpitch?
3. Who helped you get started in fastpitch? (I need name and relationship, such as Dad or Mom, or grandpa or brother, coach, etc.)
4. What team do you play for? What league(s) do you play in?
5. What position(s) do you play?
6. Are you a right or left handed batter, pitcher, or position player?
7. What do you like best about fastpitch?
8. What challenges did you face in learning how to play fastpitch? What has been your biggest thrill in fastpitch so far?
9. For pitchers: What do you consider your best pitch, and what pitches are you hoping to improve to become a better pitcher?
10. What goals (if any) have you set for yourself? (Such as playing in a national tournament, for the USA Softball national team, etc.)
11. What’s the best advice anyone has given you about playing fastpitch? (If any.)
12. What have you accomplished so far? (Played in a state, regional, national tournament, or perhaps won a league championship, etc.)
13. What other sports have you played, or are still playing? (Such as in high school or college) What have you accomplished in your other sports?
14. City and state you live in?
That’s it! Answer these questions as briefly or in depth as you wish and I will put the story together.
Email your answers to: